With summer right around the corner, the City of Scottsdale is hiring paid lifeguards for summer 2023 during peak season from May 29 – September 9, 2023, offering the opportunity for qualified individuals to embark on a rewarding summer job experience.
Positions are currently available at Eldorado and Chaparral pools for the summer season.
“Not only are we offering higher pay rates this season, but there are also many opportunities for advancement within the program,” says Kristen Clark, community services operations supervisor for City of Scottsdale Aquatics.
Lifeguarding is a fun yet valuable job with many benefits from the City of Scottsdale, such as a $125 employee referral bonus, 100 percent of the StarGuard certification class reimbursed after 90 days of employment, learning money management, building self-confidence and a sense of responsibility, and practicing basic work skills including interview processes and establishing colleague relationships.
“Lifeguarding is not only a fun summer job, but it also teaches you skills through training and experience on-site,” says Clark. “As a trusted lifeguard, you get to be a part of a close-knit team where everyone can stay fit and helps the community stay safe.”
How to Get Started:
- Sign up for a lifeguard or swim instructor class to become certified. Certifications are given through StarGuard Elite and Starfish Aquatics Institute, taught at a Scottsdale Pool. Upcoming dates are:
- March 13 – 16, 2023 at McDowell Mountain Ranch Aquatic Center
- March 13 – 16, 2023 at Eldorado Aquatic Center
- March 20 – 26, 2023 at Eldorado Aquatic Center
- March 20 – 26, 2023 at McDowell Mountain Rach Aquatic Center
- Fill out an application for the City of Scottsdale.
- Take a skills assessment with the City to get formally evaluated on rescue and CPR scenarios along with an oral interview. Upcoming dates are:
- March 18, 2023 at Eldorado Aquatic Center
- April 1, 2023 at McDowell Mountain Rach Aquatic Center
May 29 – September 9, 2023 Peak Season Base Pay
- Lifeguard/Instructor: $16.00 / hour
- Head Lifeguard: $17.50 / hour
- Assistant Pool Manager: $19.00 / hour
Now – June 3, 2023 and September 10, 2023 – Onward Base Pay
- Lifeguard/Swim Instructor: $14.62 / hour
- Head Lifeguard: $16.12 / hour
- Assistant Pool Manager: $17.78 / hour
Applicants should note that employment is based on skill assessments, facility needs, and applicant availability. Obtaining required certifications does not guarantee job placement.
For more information, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 480.312.6677.