There’s a new water playground in the Valley this summer. JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa is debuting its new 140,000-square-foot pool experience, AquaRidge WaterPark.
Part of the resort’s $80 million transformation, this $18 million pool transformation embraces the destination with renewed areas offering an enhanced lazy river, the refreshed Wildfire Grove featuring two pools and a waterfall, and the lively Havasu Playground that will offer three new exhilarating water slides set to open mid-summer, including the only dual-person vertical wall tube slide at a resort west of the Mississippi. The new Sedona Springs and exclusive adults-only Sky Island are scheduled to open later this summer.
The new Havasu Playground features a full line-up of water park experiences catering to a variety of ages and thrill levels. There are family-friendly cabanas in a prime location just steps from the Canyon Creek Lazy River, an active family zone with cabanas, a splash pad for kids, and three one-of-a-kind water slides opening mid-summer. Food and beverage offerings in this area include Havasu Bar & Bites and a food zone area offering shaded tables and seating, Canyon Creek Bar for kid and adult-friendly refreshments, and Desert Ridge’s Taqueria for a savory meal pre- or post-swim. Havasu Playground highlights include:
- Canyon Creek Lazy River: Relax and float on tubes down this enhanced winding lazy river surrounding Splash Island.
- Canyon Creek Day Suites: These expansive suites offer premium access to the lazy river and provide guests with a secluded area with lounge seating, a private bathroom, air conditioning, multiple TVs, and a personal towel bin along with amenities such as seasonal fresh fruit, chilled water, and sunscreen.
- Splash Island: A new, active family area in the center of the lazy river with two luxurious cabanas offering couch-style seating and lounge chairs, and a kids’ splash pad.
- Havasu Bar & Bites: Grab-and-go snacks.
- Splash Canyon Water Slides: Set to open mid-summer, AquaRidge WaterPark will include three brand new exhilarating multistory water slides, inclusive of:
- Gullywasher: The only dual-person vertical wall tube slide at a resort west of the Mississippi, Gullywasher combines a traditional serpentine with a heart-racing plunge that launches riders up a vertical wall.
- The Drop: This high-speed body slide accelerates riders with twists and turns from top to bottom with a straight steep drop.
- Little Eddy: A beginner body slide for younger kids or thrill-adverse adults with gentle slopes and tiny turns.
Wildfire Grove and Sedona Cove
The original Wildfire Grove area has been completely refreshed and features two pools, a selection of Wildfire Cabanas, reservable plush chaise lounge chairs, and the resort’s popular Just A Splash pool bar. The Wildfire Pool is an ideal location for kids to splash around the large waterfall while parents take to the shade in one of the Wildfire Cabanas, which include a misting fan, spacious couch and TV, seasonal fresh fruit, chilled water, sunscreen, personalized service, and two chaise lounge chairs. Perfect for families, groups or couples, poolside cabanas at Sedona Cove offer four upgraded plush lounge chaises and a couch, misting fan, TV, seasonal fresh fruit, chilled water, sunscreen, and personalized poolside service. Sedona Cove also offers guests a variety of daybeds for lounging and relaxation.
The tranquil Sedona Springs and exclusive adults-only Sky Island will be unveiled later this summer. Sedona Springs will be a luxurious sanctuary that offers personalized concierge services along with three cabanas, five shaded daybeds, cushioned lounge chairs, a hot tub, and a stargazing area. Furthermore, Sky Island will be a new, exclusive adults-only retreat that will feature an infinity edge plunge pool and hot tub, four secluded cabanas, cushioned chaise lounges, a selection of daybeds, VIP welcome attendant, stone fire pits. It also will offer an exclusive space for weddings and private events overlooking the lake and golf course.