Everyone’s local favorite Pita Jungle just launched their new Seasonal Kitchen Crafts Menu, ‘Med Meets Mexico,’ with dishes inspired by a healthful commitment to foods in the new year! The new menu features a variety of Mediterranean-inspired dishes with light, fresh and unprocessed ingredients inspired by the flavors of the Southwest. The ‘Med Meets Mexico’ menu is available through April at participating Pita Jungle locations for dine-in, carry out and delivery.
The new seasonal dishes include:
- Lemon Chicken Rice Soup – Grilled marinated all-natural chicken breast, turmeric brown rice, celery, carrots, onions, fresh lemon juice, garnished with arugula. (Gluten-free)
- Labneh Dip Mezze Veggies & Chips – Labneh blended with za’atar-thyme mix, served with tomatoes, Persian cucumbers, Kalamata olives, fresh mint, evoo, baked pita. (Vegetarian) Made gluten-free with gluten-free pita.
- Salmon or Shrimp Taco – Salmon or shrimp, cabbage-kale super greens, honey chipotle-tahini, avocado-lime labneh crema, on a white corn tortilla with pickled onions, green onions, and fresh jalapenos. (Gluten-free) Made vegetarian with falafel.
- Mediterranean Ceviche – Argentine wild shrimp, avocado, Persian
- cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, fresh cilantro, fresh lemon juice, evoo, homemade tortilla chip, garnished with raisins.
- Albondigas – Mediterranean Meatballs – Mediterranean style ground beef mixed with minced onions, jalapeno, parsley, Mediterranean seasoning, pomegranate molasses, breadcrumbs, parmesan, oregano, evoo, with Greek pita served in a guajillo enchilada sauce
- Greek Avocado Salad – Fresh avocado, tomatoes, green onions, feta, evoo, fresh lemon juice, garnished with mint leaves and red onion slices with Greek pita. (Vegetarian) Made gluten-free with gluten-free pita.
- The Amazing [Hummus & Chicken] Pita – Mediterranean dark meat chicken-asada, freshly made hummus, chipotle-tahini based cabbage-kale super greens, avocado, tomatoes, Mediterranean pickles, red onions, pine nuts, lemon juice, pita or as a bowl with turmeric brown rice. Made vegan and vegetarian with tofu, made gluten-free with gluten-free pita.
- Wood-Fired Gluten-Free Enchilada – Savory garlic-cilantro chicken in a guajillo beef base enchilada sauce, cheddar and feta, turmeric cauliflower rice, cabbage-kale super greens, fresh jalapenos, radish, pico de gallo, pine nuts, gluten-free pita** (Gluten-free)
- Spicy Shrimp Harissa Arroz – Argentine wild shrimp in a tomato coulis white wine reduction, with arborio rice, garlic, butter, spices, garnished with green onions. Made vegetarian with tofu.
- Jungle Pao Chicken – Mediterranean dark meat chicken-asada, arborio rice, cauliflower, garlic, ginger, onions, Szechuan peppercorns, chili pods, evoo, in a spicy pao tahini sauce, garnished with green onions and pine nuts. (Gluten-free) Made vegetarian or vegan with tofu.
Pita Jungle is the go-to local restaurant for healthy, delicious food with 23 locations throughout Arizona. With the mission of helping guests sustain a healthy and balanced lifestyle, the restaurants serve up a diverse menu of tasty, fresh, wholesome foods, including a variety of vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options. Pita Jungle’s menu is influenced by tastes from around the globe with the benefits of the Mediterranean diet always apparent through the use of healthy lean proteins, veggies, legumes, nuts, grains and fruit. For more information on Pita Jungle, visit www.pitajungle.com.
Images courtesy of Pita Jungle