Scottsdale Fashion Square Blood Drive Through October 9
Published Monday, November 30, -0001
Updated Wednesday, October 07, 2015
Now through October 9, 2015 Scottsdale Fashion Square has partnered with United Blood Services to host a monthly blood donation drive. Individuals are able to donate blood three times per year.
Blood Drive Dates:
Friday, August 15, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Friday, September 11, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Friday, October 9, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Click here to schedule your appointment. (Sponsor code: ScottsdaleFashion)
If you have eligibility questions call (800)288-2199 x 5497
Some interesting facts about blood and blood donation:
- · More than 4.5 million patients need blood transfusions each year in the U.S. and Canada.
- · 43,000 pints: amount of donated blood used each day in the U.S. and Canada.
- · Someone needs blood every two seconds.
- · Only 37 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood – less than 10 percent do annually.
- · About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital need blood.
- · One pint of blood can save up to three lives.
- · Healthy adults who are at least 17 years old, and at least 110 pounds may donate about a pint of blood—the most common form of donation—every 56 days, or every two months, depending on iron levels. Females receive 53 percent of blood transfusions and males receive 47 percent.
- · 94 percent of blood donors are registered voters.
- · Four main red blood cell types: A, B, AB and O. Each can be positive or negative for the Rh factor. AB is the universal recipient; O negative is the universal donor of red blood cells.
- · Dr. Karl Landsteiner first identified the major human blood groups – A, B, AB and O – in 1901.
The bloodmobile will be located at the loading dock near the former Grand Lux Cafe restaurant, next to Anthropologie. Scottsdale fashion Square is located at 7014-590 E. Camelback Rd., Scottsdale.
Visit www.fashionsquare.com for more information about the mall.