Agile software development is based on principles defined by the Agile Manifesto; a disciplined project management outline that is conducive to dynamic inspection and adaptation. Agile methods include many product development frameworks such as Scrum and XP (eXtreme Programming) which allow for rapid delivery of software. The Scrum framework uses simple iterative practices for team collaboration on complex projects.
Our 8 hours of training offer an overview of Agile development and Scrum practices, focusing on how the Scrum framework follows the Agile Manifesto principles. Learn how to harness complex processes and apply Scrum techniques to an IT and/or non-IT project, through a blended combination of slide-based lecture and interactive case studies. Students gain practical advice, with real world simulation exercises that can align traditional project management to the agile route.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a Course Completion Certificate from Mangates with Credits (1 credit per hour of training).
Benefits from the Training
- Learn the differences between an Agile approach and traditional methodology, and why Agile works better!
- Learn about the driving forces behind taking an Agile approach to software development
- How adopting Agile approaches can increase business value
- Get to know the core practices and philosophies behind this way of working
- Learn the basics of the four-phase approach of Concept-Initiate-Deliver-Deploy
- Through examples of real projects, understand the organizational and people challenges and opportunities that the Agile approach brings to the solution development process
Benefits from the workshop
- High quality training from an industry expert
- Earn 8 PDUs and 8 SEUs
- Course Completion Certificates
- A reading list for further learning
This is a basic introductory course.
- Waterfall vs Agile
- An Intro to Agile Process
- Agile Flavours
- Agile Project Delivery
- Scrum (3*3)
- Planning & Estimation
- The Product Backlog
- Release Planning
- The core tenets of Scrum
- Advanced Scrum Topics
- Agile Adoption
- Agile Project Simulation
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Open mind and lots of energy
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email: [email protected]
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, you may transfer your ticket to other participants 7 days prior to the class.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, you will be able to change your e-mail or name during the class.
What is the refund policy?
Please refer to: www.mangates.com
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Yes, we will be able to change it during the class.